Notices: Wellington Provincial Champs

This is the collection of regatta notices for the 2016 Wellington Provincial Championships.


A detailed phone conversation was held with a Met Service employee. It was noted from reading the various latest graphs for the Wellington marine recreation forecast that it seems highly likely there will be a southerly wind rising to about 20knots around mid morning tomorrow and decreasing later. The Windfinder Point Jerningham site shows a similar position.

The weather committee with great regret has no option given the information available and safety considerations but to cancel the regatta.

2016-12-10 15:55:53
Cancellation decision pending

Sunday's forecast has deteriorated. The venue is beyond doubt and will be the Lambton Harbour course. But whether the regatta will go ahead is now in doubt. A decision is being left as long as possible and will be made around 5pm

2016-12-10 14:11:42
Reserve day being used

With 18-38 knots Northerlies forecast for Saturday the regatta will not go ahead then. Instead the Sunday reserve day will be used.

A decision about Sunday's venue will be announced on Saturday (due to shifting wind directions in the Sunday forecast). However, at this stage, is likely to be in Lambton Harbour.

2016-12-09 12:03:45
User log in

log in


You only require a rowIT login for running regattas or if you have been given the job of making entries for an organisation.


Clubs. If you only have a password for the RowingNZ website then you will need a rowIT login so please contact us.

Schools. If you have a password provided by NZSSRA then you should log in through the school rowing website.